Thursday, July 14, 2011

Slow cooker = life saver

Last night we had Taco Stew... one of Mr. Luttrell's favorites. I always run out of time at home so I bring all the ingredients to work and let it sit in the back. Everyone always gets upset and wants to eat it :) I've given out the recipe and everyone just loves it. I figured I would share!


YUM!

Ingredients:
1/2 onion (or less) chopped
1 16-oz can black beans
1 16-oz can kidney beans
1 16-oz can corn (drain)
1 8-oz can tomato sauce
2 14-oz cans dices tomatoes with chilies
1 packet taco seasoning
2 chicken breast (I like the pack of chicken strips b/c they are easier to shred)
chopped jalapeno (if you like it hot)

Mix everything but the chicken together in a crock pot. Lay the chicken (yes raw) on top and cover. Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4. 30 minutes before eating take out the chicken and shred it up, then add back so it can soak up the juices.

Add sour cream, salsa and cheese. Server with tortilla chips if desired.

It's so good and it makes a lot so you have left overs for lunch or dinner the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment