Tuesday, July 26, 2011

A little DIY yourself.. BALLS

Actually the Luttrell home is in DIY crazy mode right now. I'll post more about the guest bath and other things later, it's giving me anxiety just thinking about it :)

It's been driving me crazy lately that we don't have pictures and decorations up in the house yet. If you have ever been to my room at prior to homeownerhip, you know I surround myself with pictures of family, friends and favorite places and decorations in general makes me feel at home and cozy. One thing that has been urking me is this beautiful Apothacary jar I have from my wedding. I tried to get decorations for my wedding that I could reuse in my new home (wedding everyday). Well this jar was filled with candy orange slices on my candy bar and has been empty since the wedding... NO MORE!

The jar has sat over my kitchen cabinets for a while... I have a LARGE space up there and I had a vision of simple decorative brown balls to fill it. OMG what a pain... I looked at Hobby Lobby, Micheals, Jo Ann's and even Walmart.. Those things are expensive and I could not find what I wanted... SO PROJECT ERIN IS BACK!
You'll need:
*Styrofome balls... I did varying sizes because the shape of my jar.
*Spray paint
*Shish-ka-bob sticks
*Spray adhesive
*Moss or whatever you want to cover

I stuck the balls in the ground to make it easier to handle. (night time pic sorry)

Let them dry a little and lay them on newspaper to dry over night

Once dry, cover the balls in spray adhesive

Crunch the moss on, continue spraying adhesive if it's not sticking like you want it.

They look a little messy, mine aren't in "touch range". I trimmed them a little, but I didn't need them perfect

AHHH!!! Yay. This is exactly what I wanted in my kitchen and it cost me under $25.00

No comments:

Post a Comment