Friday, July 1, 2011

Reading is not my thing :)


For those of you that know me, I am not a reader. I don't enjoy sitting back and spending hours in a book. It's never really been my thing. Other than bio books and the bible, I've only read C.S. Lewis books from front to back.
Along with a long list of half read books I found this one. I was in an airport traveling Lord knows where and picked it up. Again, I saw the title, didn't really read the back or anything. I thought it would help me stop being so selfish. Justin and I had really just started back dating and I thought it would help me be a better girlfriend and think more in the terms of "us" instead of me.
What a SMACK in the face. The books ended up being about these brother who started Me to We, it's a social outreach program to support third world countries and those less fourtunate. It talked about how these ventures brought them to meet wonderful people, including Mother Teresa, do mission work in places I'd only dream to visit and make the world a better place.
Here I am trying to be a better person when there are people out there making a difference for the whole world.
It's really an awesome book, not really sure how it ends... but they have a website www.metowe.com . They also started Free the Children! Another awesome organization!

1 comment:

  1. I always read the back first! It looks like you learned a lil bit from Half a book though!

    ReplyDelete